29 December 2013

The element of Care

It was a lovely Sunday morning like today last week, when I was lying comfortably on the sofa at living room, playing with my ipad as usual.

My housemate Y, a 19-year-old teenage girl was sitting on the dining table not far away, together with L, a young boy around her age group, studying together. From my observation, Y is academically more competent than L. Their examination must be just around the corner, as Y is patiently guiding L in his studies, explaining to him whenever he did not understand. They accompany each other to prepare for the test, with the same goal at the same direction. They are not couples, but I see element of care between them. How lovely could the Sunday be with this warm scenery? :p

It was a lovely Sunday morning like today last week, when I was lying comfortably on the sofa at living room, playing with my ipad as usual.

I’m chatting with a colleague of mine in facebook, a 28-year-old lady S, who out of sudden appeared to be anxious in the middle of our conversation. S has a housemate K, a guy similar to her age as well, staying together under one roof. K had been dating his girlfriend the night before, but did not make his way home at night, which is slightly unusual according to S. She is worried, she whatsapp him trying to confirm that he is safe and sound, but he did not reply. I suggested her to call him instead, but she thought this was not a good idea as he might not have wake up yet at that moment. She finally called him later, but the effort was unluckily in vain, he did not pick up her call. It was not long afterwards that S told me K finally responded to her, saying that his phone was out of battery. They are not couples, but I see element of concern between them. How lovely could the Sunday be with this touching scenario?

Appreciate the people who care for you, and the people you concern for. They come into your life for a reason, to be taken care by you, and to care for you as well.

No comments: